Privacy and Refund & Cancellation Policy
(These policies were last updated on 15 March 2019)
Refund and Cancellation Policy 4 – 5
In this policy, “us”, “we”, or “our” means Coastal OHS Services Pty Ltd, operators of this website.
We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (subject to any exemptions that apply to us under that Act).
Under the updated National Vocational Education and Training (VET) Provider Collection Data Requirements Policy that outlines data collection and submission requirements for Total VET Activity (TVA), Registered
Training Organisations (RTOs) are required to make students aware of the purposes for which their information may be collected, used or disclosed.
The Privacy Notice at Schedule 1 of the National VET Data Policy sets out privacy information all students need to know before they enrol with a RTO.
The Privacy Notice states that:
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012, Coastal OHS Services is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on the enrolment form), may be used or disclosed by Coastal OHS Services for statistical, administrative, regulatory and research purposes. Coastal OHS Services may disclose your personal information for these purposes to:
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies; and
Personal information that has been disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following purposes:
- populating authenticated VET transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys and data linkage;
- pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation
You may receive a student survey which may be administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor or other authorised agencies. Please note you may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.